Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
Chiken teriyaki is jepanes food. Chiken teriyaki is chiken with fish souce and served with white rice. Now chiken teriyaki will be meet in your table and you enjoyed the tested with your lovely family. This page give you step for try cook ciken teriyaki. Happy cooking, Foody J
1) 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2) 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3) 1 tablespoon lemon
4) 1 tablespoon grated ginger
5) 2 garlic cloves, minced
6) 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
7) Freshly ground black pepper
8) 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
9) Optional: 2 teaspoons water
10) Optional: 1 teaspoon corn starch
11) 2 green onions, green and white parts, sliced
12) Serving suggestion: Steamed white or brown rice
How To Make:
1) Iwhisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, grated ginger, and garlic until sugar is dissolved in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Place chicken breasts on a cutting board, smooth side facing up, and place a layer of plastic wrap on top. Using a meat mallet or frying pan, evenly pound chicken breasts to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut each breast in half to end up with 4 equal-sized pieces of chicken. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper over top of chicken pieces.
3) Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Place the seasoned side of chicken pieces into the oil, and season the sides now facing up with another 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Cook first side of chicken for 3-4 minutes.
4) Check chicken for doneness and transfer chicken pieces to a plate. you can heat the sauce for another 3-5 minutes to reduce and gently thicken sauce.
5) If you prefer a thicker teriyaki sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. While whisking sauce, pour cornstarch mixture into teriyaki sauce and allow sauce to thicken, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
6) Pour teriyaki sauce over chicken pieces and serve over steamed rice. Serve with additional teriyaki sauce and garnish with sliced green onions. Slice chicken before serving. Its served 4-5.