Fried Rice Recipe
Indonesia taste in the morning, why not? Fried rice is one of the most famous foods from Indonesia that American President, Barack Obama, even likes it. Only mixing some ingredients in your pan with some spices, your will get delicious Indonesia taste in your plate. Try it!
- 500 g cold cooked rice or leftover rice
- 3 table spoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & sliced
- 2 – 4 red chilies, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried shrimp paste, roasted
- 200 g chicken meat, diced
- 200 g thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Indonesian sweet soy sauce.
How To Make
- Sliced cucumber & sliced tomato to garnish
- Flake the rice with your fingers or fork to separate the grains.
- Heat vegetable oil in cooking pan and fry the egg. Remove the egg from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in cooking pan over medium heat and stir fry the garlic, minced chilies, dried shrimp. Fry 1-2 minutes or until you can smell fragrant.
- Put the diced chicken until almost cooked around 3 minutes, add the sliced cabbage and continue to stir fry around 2 minutes until the cabbage is almost wilted.
- Add the rice, Indonesian sweet soy sauce, and salt. Then, stir fry briskly around 2 minutes until all the ingredients mixed and heated through.
- Put the fried rice to serving dish and top with fried egg, cucumber, and tomato slices.