Thai red turkey curry Recipe
Created by chef and author Dean Edwards, this spicy Thai red curry is made with refreshing light coconut milk and vibrant red chilli, and is a delicious way of using up any leftover turkey from Christmas day. Serve with rice for a hearty Boxing Day meal.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1 x 400g tin low fat coconut milk
- 300ml (1/2pt) chicken stock
- 600g (1lb) shredded cooked turkey
- 150g (5oz) fine green beans, halved
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 limes, juiced, plus extra wedges to garnish
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- small bunch fresh coriander, to garnish
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced to garnish
- rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry until softened, about 5-10 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring up to a gentle simmer.
- Add the shredded turkey to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, then add the beans and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Balance out the flavours in the dish by adding the soy sauce with the lime juice and brown sugar to taste.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander, red chilli and a wedge of lime and serve with some cooked Thai rice.